Had a prostate removal operation. Started getting fever. Diagnosed with UTI. How to get relief?

Urologist
Question
Hi. My dad had a prostate removal operation in mid May 2012 (because of some PSA issue). (Apart from this he is also diabetic.) After two months he started getting fever and was detected with UTI because of E coli bacteria. He was again operated to enlarge the urinary tract because he was took 3-4 minutes to empty his bladder. A lot of tests are being done and proper antibiotics are being given to him which are sensitive. But still he has fever and UTI tests are also positive. After the second operation his flow of urine is fine( taking 30-45 seconds). Now its been almost 2 months, fever keeps coming on & off. Please help. His age

Details:
Age: 63
Diabetic
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: Had a prostate removal operation. Started getting fever. Diagnosed with UTI. How to get relief? 2 minutes later
I will be uploading the reports by tomorrow.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX(daughter of the patient)

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 49 minutes later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
I CAN ANSWER better with the reports OF both the operations.
I will just give a preliminary idea. He is basically suffering from recurrent UTI.
I need residual urine check by usg, recent PSA reports and recent urine culture report.

DR GS.

Follow-up: Had a prostate removal operation. Started getting fever. Diagnosed with UTI. How to get relief? 18 hours later

I have uploaded all latest reports. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
I saw all the reports.
Based on this, he needs appropriate antibiotics, may be even low dose long term to prevent recurrent UTI.
I NEED to see the operation notes, which is feel is the most important at this point of time.

Awaiting reply,
DR GS