Had a positive pregnancy test and missed period. How to confirm pregnancy?

my last period date was on October 5, 2013 and my ovulation and IUI (first time) done was on October 19, 2013, on this basis today is my 17th day after ovulation, today morning i took pregnancy test, it was positive (both the T & C lines were visible). i missed my peirods. i went to doctor and showed that snap of that test to doctor, doctor said its positive and she told i will do scanning next week. my question is as per above information: 1) is that sure that iam pregnant.(confirmed). 2) if iam pregnant this is which week for me. 3) in next week scanning it will be visible. realy iam not beleavable, becoz from 2 years we were trying first time in test i got positiove....please advice...
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, you are pregnant Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Congratulations, Yes, based on the test result you mention you are pregnant. This (November 6th) is 3rd week based on ovulation. Yes, a gestation sac will be visible in the scan in the next week very well. Please let me know if you have any doubts. Regards,