Had a painful lump on occiptal condyle, swell and radiate to head. Can it be lymphoma?

Hi. I had a painful lump on my right occiptal condyle for a couple weeks, would swell and radiate up the right side of my head. I went to Dr and the school I am attending and he thought it was a cyst and sent me home. I went back a week later and it still hurt so he made an appt for a cyst removal a week later. He removed the "cyst" and it sent it to pathology. A week later the pathologist called him and told him to re-examine me. The "cyst" was not a cyst but an infarcted lymph node. Because there was not enough viable tissue inside the lymph node the pathologist could not "rule out" lymphoma. No abnormal cells were found on the outside layer of the node. The school Dr took a chest xray, CBC, and LDH. The xray was normal, waiting for blood test. Is this enough? I feel the dr didn't do much but palpate lymph nodes and take xray. Did not examine me elsewhere take BP, look in ears/throat ect. I still have pain on the right side of head but he said its a kind of headache. I am worried and not satisfied. What to you advise?

Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Do not worry.

Yes a complete examination by your doctor would have been more useful.

Any way your investigations were already sent. So just wait for the reports.

Based on those reports further action can be taken.

Do you have any other complaints associated with this?

Is there any history of weight loss? Is there any history of fever?

Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics