Had a miscarriage, orthostatic hypertension, food intolerance, on multivitamins, positive anti-nuclear antibodies test, taken iron test. Advice?

I have tested positive for Anti-nuclear antibodies with a titre of 1:160.
I fell pregnant in december last year and had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at 10 weeks ( followed by a d&c) and since one very early loss at 5 weeks.
I have been tested twice XXXXXXX positive since then. I have been offered no treatment or advice about this regarding trying to concieve. I have not been diagnosed with any auto immune diseases , so far all the tests have proved negative. (I have been tested low in iron, vitamin d and sodium and zinc... i also have orthostatic hypertension ( blood pressure rises on standing) )
I take multivitamins, vit d, b12 injections, aspirin, folic acid,zinc ( my gp seems to think i have problems absorbing vitamins as I have food intollerances)
I have been tring to concieve for the 6 months since the miscarriage with no success.
I am 40 years old , never had any other pregnancies , I am in good physical shape .
I have read about the antibodies causing miscarriage and conception problems and I am looking for advice from a specialist in this field. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 49 minutes later
Thanks for your query

For antinuclear antibodies positive it is better to have the gammaglobulin injections like bharglob but it should be taken under your doctor's guidance.
As far as aspirin is concerned , low molecular weight heparin or enoxaprin injections are better but they can cause coagulation disorders so should be taken under physician's supervision and after doing coagulation profile.
Hypertension can also cause miscarriages.
There can be associated factors like poor egg quality for which pure FSH inj is given.

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Had a miscarriage, orthostatic hypertension, food intolerance, on multivitamins, positive anti-nuclear antibodies test, taken iron test. Advice? 21 hours later
Thank you for your reply Dr Bhagia.

I have been told that some people take prednisone to get pregnant with posotove ANAs. Is the gammaglobulin treatment better?

also with the heparin, do you need this only when you are pregnant or before?

I ovulate every month , what does FSH do to improve egg quality?

Sorry for so many questions!

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for the follow up.

Yes many patients take prednisolone along with ovulating drugs.

Heparin is taken while you are pregnant.Till then you can take ecospirin.

Regarding FSH(follicle stimulating hormone) i don't know but there was a patient of mine who was my neighbour also had 4 miscarriages having the same problem as you are having.

We had lost every hope and one day I tried HMG (human menopausal hormone) injections and she carried her pregnancy to term and delivered a female child and she is again in her family way.

Gammaglobulins are also given while pregnant.

Best wishes,
Any further query is most welcome.