Had a medical abortion. Having nausea, bleeding and feeling anxious. How long will it take to recover?

May 2013
Hello there. I had a medical abortion 4 days ago. My 1st pregnancy, unplanned, I'm 31. My body feels so heavy, puffy & bloated. I was very nauseous through my 6 weeks of pregnancy so I did eat a bit more. After I found out I was pregnant, I had continued the nausea & also had anxiety. The only thing that sounded good was toast with jam, o that's mostly what I ate most of last week. I'm very active & exercise daily by running or going to hot yoga. I've worked really hard to get my body to a certain size & weight. I'm feeling uncomfortable, self conscious & anxious in my own skin through this time. I'm still bleeding & it has slowed down, cramps subsiding slowly. My question long will it take before I feel healthy, lean & toned again? My follow up appt is Tuesday. Thank you for your time & confidentiality!
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: It may take around 3 to 4 weeks Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. After undergoing abortion it may take one week to ten days for the spotting to stop. Possibly you may regain your previous health status in one month. You can do your routine work after one week of abortion. If there is much blood loss, you may need iron supplementation. Better to go for strenuous exercises after 3 to 4 weeks after abortion. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.