Had a lumbar fusion done. Had to have a spinal cord stimulator fitted. Having sacral joints and thigh pain with unsteady feet. Advise?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Hi. I had a lumbar fusion done 11years ago. It worked very well for a while and then I had to have a spinal cord stimulator fitted. Thiss has no worked very well. I have terrible sacral joint pain and also down the back of my thighs. Can you help me. I am losing my walk and becoming very unsteady on my feet.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on Health Care Magic.

You need to visit your treating doctor or a neurologist for clinical examination and investigations.
The sacral joint pain and pain at the back of the thigh can be due to another disease process or as a result of previous surgery.
A nerve conduction test and an electromyography needs to be done to determine whether the pain is due to nerve or a muscle disease.

So, consultation with the specialist doctor will be most rewarding.
If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal