Had a lower extremity arterial duplex exam. Experienced cramping, numbness. According results plan a surgery?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Plan for surgery? I had a lower extremity arterial duplex exam. My symtoms are cramping, numbness, walk short distinces.
Results of exam (right leg) common femoral artery 221.00
Profunda femoris 150.00
proximal super fermoral artery 88.
mid super femoral artery 105.
distal 80.
popliteal 86.
Medical history:
10/2005 Heart attack - Catheterization- 3 stents
8/2006 Catheterization - 0 stents
2/2007 Gall Bladder removed
2/2007 Heart attack- Catheterization
9/2008 Catheterization- 1 stent, angioplasty
12/2008 CABG 2x
12/2008 Implant ICD- St XXXXXXX
3/2010 Catheterization- 1 stent
3/2010 Arterial surgery left leg- angio seal complications
4/2010 Repair and clean scar tissue from infection of arterial surgery
7/2010 Angiogram left arm to balloon open left arterial artery
2/2011 Laminectomy- lower lumbar decompression
6/2011 Medical Branch Block - thoracic
8/2011 Catheterization- 1 stent
cuAspirin 325mg 1 in a.m.
Plavix 75 mg 1 in a.m.
Pantoprazole 40mg 1 in a.m.
Metoprolol ER 50mg 1 in a.m.
Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg 1 in a.m.
Tricor 145mg 1 in a.m.
Isosorbide Mononitrate 60mg 1 in a.m.
Simvastatin 80mg 1 in p.m.
Trazodone 100mg 1 in p.m
I have a follow up with my Vascual Dr. Dec 20th. If surgery is most likely, i need to make palns ig. work, home help after.

Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 19 hours later

I have gone through your Doppler report and past history as well.

The Doppler details provided is inadequate.

It would be great if you provide the detailed Doppler report. The velocities alone are inadequate. Please provide me the same. There must be some descriptive finding which will be helpful for me to suggest you.

You have a facility to attach your report yourself on right side of the query page. Please utilize that.

Awaiting your reply with report to answer your query specifically.

Follow-up: Had a lower extremity arterial duplex exam. Experienced cramping, numbness. According results plan a surgery? 14 hours later
i have attached dr's report. I just want to know if surgery is in my near future. My follow up is December 20, 2011 and i'd like to plan ahead.

I have contuined cramping, numbness and tingleing down right leg. no relief when sitting standing or laying down.

thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 25 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

In view of the study being technically difficult, as I suggested previously, your vascular surgeon or physician is likely to request an angiogram before any specific plan is chalked out to decide on whether to go in for surgery/angioplasty/medical management alone or in different combination.

So it is very difficult to predict at this stage. Also gathering from your history I see that you have a disc problem as well and the entire problem can be linked to bad disc again.

In either case if you have persistent symptoms despite good medical management you are likely to need some intervention be it surgical or non surgical.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wish you Good Health.

Follow-up: Had a lower extremity arterial duplex exam. Experienced cramping, numbness. According results plan a surgery? 20 hours later
thank you very much. knowing what maybe ahead makes my life eaier to predict. there's nothing more frustrating as to to your employer at the last minute i',
m going on FMLA for a few weeks.

i had a c-scan and ano impossible in right artery. had so many thru this artery too much scar tissue.

Again, thank you Dr Koregol for being honest and not giving a standard answer like some of the Dr's do on this site. I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays.

Follow-up: Had a lower extremity arterial duplex exam. Experienced cramping, numbness. According results plan a surgery? 6 minutes later
Dr Koregol- please i want to accept my answer, however my thank you and continued babble i missed the accept button. can you reset for me. thank goodnees you don't have an answering machine, you'd run out of tape with me.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 days later

Thanks for your feedback and I will keep up to the same.

I will surely inform the CRM team to look into the technical glitch you facing.

Wish you good health.