Had a low grade fever. Swollen and sore lymph node in the back of neck. Rash across stomach and chest. Should I be concerned?

I have had a low grade fever (99-100) on and off for the last couple days. I have a swollen and sore lymph node in the back of my neck, left side, and my neck is slightly stiff/sore. No other lymph nodes seem to be swollen anywhere else. I also have a slight rash across my stomach and chest, little pink/red dots. No other symptoms. Is this anything I should be concerned about?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax. May be viral fever. Symptomatic treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through the query and understood your concern.

With the history of hay fever, low grade fever, painful lymph node, stiffness and pain in neck mostly suggest viral fever.
Take plenty of fluids, fruits, salt water gargle and can take tab aceclofenac with muscle relaxant like chlorzoxazone or tizanidine after consulting your doctor. These measures will help you.

If fever increases/develop any other inflammatory signs or the symptoms worsens in couple of days then needs further evaluation by your doctor. Otherwise no need to worry.
No need to worry for slight rash across stomach and chest with little pink/red dots.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.