Had a lot of scar tissue and sores often. Having shooting pain in head. Having rash in neck. What to do?

I had a neck lift less than 2 years ago and the left side has always had a lot of scar tissue, and often sore so I do stretches to help. The other day it "crackled" and I started getting shooting pains in my head (left side only,) Now I have tingly rash on the left side of the neck and a small bump about the size of a pea. I am doing hot and cold compresses, a neck collar and tylenol (plus left over valium) but am wondering if I need to go to a doctor. I have since moved to a new town and I do not have health insurance. The head pain has finally subsided but the rash and hard bump are still there.

I guess it's clear I tore a muscle, but am worried about how serious it is due to the painful rash and the bump. I've read that it can heal in 3-5 weeks, but in severe cases surgery may be required.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Injury needs tk be assessed ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

You are quite right when you say that you have clearly injured the muscle region. But about it being torn, I am not really sure and cannot confirm that without a physical examination.

Ma'am, the main point here would be that your injury will have to be assessed, and only after assessing the injury will we be able to tell you whether or not your injury would heal in 3-5 weeks or it would require medical or surgical attention. So I would kindly urge you to visit a doctor as soon as possible, and if possible kindly do also get your insurance sorted ma'am, just in case you might need it for treatment purposes.

I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Hope and pray this is something simple that will heal soon giving you complete relief.

Best wishes ma'am.
Follow-up: Had a lot of scar tissue and sores often. Having shooting pain in head. Having rash in neck. What to do? 8 hours later
do you think I can wait three weeks or so before seeing a doctor to see if it heals on it's own?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you may; depends on you entirely

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am.

Yes you could. This is not considered a medical emergency, and the waiting period depends entirely on the patient's tolerance level. So, if you can tolerate the pain or other symptoms for three weeks, as it gradually subsides (hopefully), then you may do so. But if the pain increases or if you do not find relief from your symptoms after 3 weeks, then please do visit a doctor.

I hope this information is clear enough and helps clear your query. Please feel free to write back to me anytime.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.