Had a kidney stone, a stent placed. Severe pain now, incontinent, losing colorless liquid. What to do ?

I had a kidney stone and a stent placed last week and I have been in severe pain ever since, I am home now, This afternoon, I have become incontinent, losing colourless liquid at a steady rate for three hours. What should I do, my GP told me to ring the hospital and the hospital told me to ring my GP .....
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 51 minutes later

Having some pain and discomfort after stent is common and expected as the stone fragments keeps passing. Once the tract is cleared the pain will subside.

Still continuous severe pain needs to be looked for. Again there is no evident reason for incontinence after this kind of procedure and that too after one week.

I think it is better that you talk to your operating surgeon or visit ER.You might require ultrasound to look for the cause.

Take analgesic you are comfortable with, take light diet, drink more of liquids and visit your doctor/ER.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you speedy recovery.