Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is swollen. Should I be worried about haemorrhoids?

May 2014

I am 48. Yrs old with hf of colon cancer. I was diagnosed in 2011 early stage 1.I had bowel resection Lately my left but cheek is swelling & it feels like something in there.I have Hz if hemmorhoids should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult your surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

You had bowel resection surgery for colon cancer early stage in the year 2011. Recently you are feeling some swelling of your gluteal region on the left side with history of hemorrhoids.

Your condition in the gluteal region (buttocks) is unrelated to hemorrhoids. Any suspected swelling needs to be examined by your surgeon and imaging investigations like CT scan or MRI scan might be done if felt necessary. Though very rare, spread of cancer colon (even after resection) may occur to the muscles in the buttock region. I suggest you bring the suspected swelling to the attention of your doctor and get it confirmed should it require treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
Do write in in case of doubts.