Had a hip replacement. Is grinding nose normal for the situation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i had a hip replacement 2 yrs ago i now have a grinding noise when climbing stairs
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The grinding noise in the hip while climbing the stairs is likely to be due to osteoarthritic changes in the hip joint. These are age related degenerative changes and if it is not associated with any pain around the joint then is nothing to be worried about.
In case there is an associated pain then you need a physical examination at your orthopedician followed by evaluation and proper management.
Meanwhile you can avoid climbing stairs and give rest to your hip joint. Avoid standing for long hours and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen for the mild pain if there is any.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.