Had a fall, having pain in leg. No fractures in hip or femur. On tramdadolut. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a fall about 6 weeks and now have serve pain in left leg No fractures in hip or femur On tramdadolut no relief Is this a bruised boe in the hip area?
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The pain that you are having now- 6 weeks after the injury can be due to a bone bruise or a muscle spasm. An MRI scan of the area will help in proper diagnosis.
Since pain killers are not helping you, you need to avoid weight bearing on the leg and do a hot fomentation at least thrice a day.
Taking oral muscle relaxants may be helpful if the pain is related to a muscle spasm. Since the pain is severe, do consult an orthopedician for proper investigations and specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.