Had a epidural for arthritis in neck. Can a late flu shot harm?

I had a epidural for arthritis in neck. I was told to wait 2 weeks after the proceedure to get my flu shot. I completely forgot and got my flu shot today, 6 days after the epidural. What can I expect to happen.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

2 weeks period was needed so that there should be no effect on the efficacy of vaccine as a steroid was given.

As you have taken it now,there are chances that efficacy of vaccine may be reduced and protection may go down.

Other then this nothing much is expected and there is nothing to worry about.These vaccines are from killed virus vaccine.

You can continue the medicines you are taking at present.

I do not expect anything to happen.

I hope this answers your query,I will be glad to reply any follow queries that you have.