Had a electric shock. Have developed Planta Facia, with pain in hands and toe. Taken steroid in wrist

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a svere electric shock about 3 years ago. Burns down to the bone on left hand. Power went through me and exited my right foot. My right heel was sore since then and have developeed Planta Facia in the right heel. Recently I have had pain in joints of my right hand and now right foot toe joint of the second toe in from little toe and big toe knuckle.
I was wondering if this could be related to the injury?
I have been tested for artritis and have no signs. I am 52 and healthy otherwise.
I did have a sever reaction to statins recently and have now been off them for 5 months.
I had the pain before and after this statin reaction.

I hope this makes sense

I have had steriod injectiosn in my wrist and middle joint of my right hand about 6 months ago and have had relief since then from the pain in those areas.

Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The pain in right foot specially the toes that you are having is not likely to be related to the electric shock you had three years ago. This is more likely to be due to arthritis- may be gout.
The relief from steroid injections is further suggestive of an inflammatory cause.
You can get some pain killers and anti inflammatory medicines prescribed. Doing a regular hot fomentation is also a good pain relieving measure.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.