Had a drug and was called for hair follicle drug test. Will it show up in the test?

hi my husband did a very stupid thing and did .4 of a gram of a drug called XXXXXXX Saturday. well yesterday he got a call for an awesome job and they do a hair follicle drug test. he never does drugs, and it was just that little bit that one time, so my question is, do you think it will show up on the rest? I read that small infrequent amounts are hard to see on a hair folic test?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Normal pre employment drug test would have a panel of illicit substances, alcohol and certain drugs to test.

He might have cleared if it is urine or blood test, Unfortunately hair follicle retains these substances till 100 days. So if your husband had taken this within 100 days the chances of detection is high.
Next thing is the federal govt cut off for amphetamines is 1000 ng/ml. If the company follows this it is good. We will never know how much your husband had excreted or retained the substance as it is complex metabolism.

Thank you for giving the opportunity to answer your query.

Follow-up: Had a drug and was called for hair follicle drug test. Will it show up in the test? 2 hours later
even such a small amount one time?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 41 minutes later
That is what I say, we will not be able to predict if such a small amount is completely excreted or not when they do hair follicle testing. But definitely blood results or urine results would not have come positive.