Had a desert outside and found maggots on the plate. Suggest the medication to prevent sickness?

Yesterday afternoon I went out to a restaurant and had XXXXXXX cotta with honey and walnuts for dessert. After eating about 70% of the dessert I noticed maggots on the plate. I feel fine but I am afraid I may have ingested a maggot or whatever bacteria that causes maggot to exist (although I watched every bite and noticed none as I ate). What can I do to make sure I don't get sick?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear patient,

Thanks for your concerns. Sorry for that awful dessert experience. Even if you ingested a maggot, the enzymes and acid from your digestive system would dissolve it and you are unlikely to get an illness related to that. Continue your daily routines and monitor for anything unusual, but again, it should not be expected as explained above.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN