Had a d&c a for placenta. Having pelvic pain with bright red blood. What can be done?

I had a d&c a week ago for left over placenta and clots after the birth of my daughter. I bleed for 2 days after the procedure. Then this Saturday I started bleeding g again and it's bright red, it's not heavy bleeding but every time I pee there's tiny clots in the toilet, and it seems like the bleeding is getting heavier instead of stoping! Also I've been having pelvic pain not cramps but like stabbing pains here and there! Another symptom I just developed is shooting pain in my vaginal area, in the inside. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Yes it is absolutely normal to have such type of bleeding and pain after delivery.
As long as discharge is non foul smelling , you need not worry.
Bleeding will stop in another 15 days.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you need further clarification. I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer