Had a cystoscopy and on doxycycline. Started getting greenish stool. Worried

I had a cystoscopy and now am on Doxycycline. That afternoon stool was XXXXXX No other symptoms
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 minutes later

The greenish stool is not related to Doxycycline.

Greenish stool is indication of decreased bowel transit time (intestines move faster).This happens in most cases of surgeries involving abdominal or pelvic organs.

The intestines move faster as a reflex action to the injury occurred to the abdominal or pelvic structures.Hence, the bile remains unprocessed and imparts XXXXXX colour to the stool.

Increasing the fibre content in the food will solve this problem within short time.Also you can take Psyllium husk with water or milk after food this will help better.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.