Ask a Urologist   »  

Had a cystocopy, experiencing abdominal pain and discomfort when urinating Taking minocycline and diflucan?

Jul 2016

I had a cystocopy this afternoon, and I am experiencing some continued discomfort. I am currently taking minocycline, and was very recently taking azithromyacin for Lyme - do I need another antibiotic to prevent infection from the cystoscopy? Can I do anything to relieve the abdominal pain and the discomfort when urinating? The urologist diagnosed me with a fungal infection and prescribed me Diflucan, which I took about an hour ago. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone Cystoscopy very recently and now getting discomfort in abdomen .

The pain that you are getting is due to instrumentation of a delicate passage (Urethra and Bladder) which will get subsided in a day or two.

Since you are currently taking antibiotics you need not take any more antibiotic to prevent infection from Cystoscopy which is most unlikely to occur.

Take pain killer like Bruphen which is freely available over the counter.

Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.