Had a cut above the eye. Closed the wound with butterfly band aids. Head feels numb. What could this be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My son got his above the eye with a thrown plastic sword on Sunday. It is right above the eye, below the brow with a wide v shape. It bled a lot, but when stitches were mentioned, he freaked out, so we applied pressure and closed the wound with butterfly bandaids. After the incident, he told me the top of his head was numb. He continues to say this today....2 days later he says the left side of the top of his head is numb. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 50 minutes later
The numbness on the top of his head could be related to a minor damage to some of the superficial nerve fibers during the injury. This is usually self limiting and the sensations will gradually return to normal within a week. Please do not worry.
It is best to get the wound examined from a physician and get some prophylactic antibiotics prescribed to avoid any infection in the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.