Had a cortisone shot in knee. Missing periods and feeling bloated. Could it be due to shot?

Hi, I had a cortisone shot in my knee last Tuesday and start my period 2 days later for just an hour. I was not due for my period for another couple of days. Now, I have not had my period but feel quite bloated and PMS. Could it be due to the shot? I am also on Diclofenac 100mg. And have recently stopped training for a marathon. Could this be the cause of my irregularity?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Local injection of single shot of Steroid and Diclofenac has nothing to do with your periods.Premenstrual syndrome can be due to stress , lack of sleep or hypothyroidism.
Take Vit B6 and Vit B12 supplements and just watch your next cycle.Taking Primrose oil in capsule form also helps in relieving these symptoms.You must have stopped training because of your knee pain so you can consult your Orhto regarding the training part.There is nothing to worry about as it is not permanent and symptoms vanish with regular diet , proper rest , exercises and supplements.

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome