Had a colonoscopy and having stomach cramps. Noticed blood in stool. What is the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a colonoscopy 2 1/2 weeks ago and everything was normal. Dr.mentioned memories,but nothing unusual. Saturday night I had really bad stomach cramps and couldn't seem to have a bowel movement, but then when it started, it seemed to go on and on. Whole while having the bad stomach cramps,which were relieved each time I went,but came back.then when the regular "poop"stopped coming a bloody mucus started....still with bad cramps.every hour. I took Imodium d three times and it seemed to help but I still have soreness in stomach,somewhat celluloid mucus when I try to go. I hope you can help me. The question should have read hemroids not memories. And the last part of my question was bloody mucus not celluloid mucus.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need lifestyle change and medication Detailed Answer: Hello. I have studied your case As Per your symptoms you might be having gastric upset with haemorrhoids. I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day. Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering. For haemorrhoids Some life style changes which will help you Take a warm tub or sitz bath several times a day in plain, warm water for about 10 minutes. Using ice packs to reduce swelling. Ensuring regular, soft bowel movements by eliminating foods that lead to constipation, adding fibre to your diet, drinking lots of fluids and exercising regularly. You can take syp Duphalac in night for smooth bowel. Spending less time on the toilet Trying to have a bowel movement when you get the urge rather than holding it If your haemorrhoids do not respond to the above therapies, or are already very problematic, there are a number of other treatments options, including:Rubber Band Ligation Sclerotherapy Hemorrhoidectomy .Which can be done consulting your doctor. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.