Had a collision. Experiencing bruise and pain around eye and temple. Should I go for cat scan?

Jun 2015

Yesterday while playing sports I had a collision. The bone around my eye socket, the tip of the cheek and part of my temples is bruised and slightly tender to the touch. Should I have a cat scan or will I be ok? I don't feel dizzy or disoriented.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

According to the symptoms as mentioned in your post, the injury does not seem to be a severe one.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by taking analgesics, ice compression & adequate rest.

However, if there is any hidden injury to the brain or minor intra-cranial bleeding, then it may take some time for the symptoms to develop.
So it is important to maintain caution for 1 week.

If the symptoms still persist or associated with any other complaints like dizziness, vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsions, etc., then it will be better to consult your Physician.

Investigations like X XXXXXXX of the head & neck region and CT scan will be helpful to rule out any fracture to the facial & cranial bones or any trauma to the brain.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.