Had a collagen injection. Noticed swelling and spots on upper lips. Concerned

Hi, yesterday a spot on my upper lip was tender, felt as though there was a pimple under the skin. This morning when I woke up it has swelled up the the size of a large pea, is not perfectly circle, has rigid edges, and is all white (I'm assuming filled with pus) it has caused the entire left side of my upper lip to swell up, looking like I just had a collagen injection. Not itchy, and not painful unless I accidentally bite it. Never had anything like this before, do not want to leave my house, very embarrassing... please help! :(
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later
It looks like submucosal oedema. XXXXXXX your lips with normal saline. You can prepare this by adding a pinch of salt in a bowl of warm water. Wet a cotton in this water and place it over the swollen lip. Let it be there for half an hour. You should do this atleast 4 times in a day.
This will draw water from swelling and reduce it.
Apply oint triamcinolone over the swelling, this will prevent further swelling.
Take some analgesic like diclofenac tablet.
Hope this works for you.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you