Had a chiropractor. Does drinking cow milk cause any health problem?

I had a chiropractor tell me my cow milk drinking is bad for my health. Is this true as I like it with my protein drink, it settles my nervous stomach and balances my hypoglycemic blood sugars. Could the inflamation, that he says milk causes, occur in my arteries or damage my health other ways?
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 hours later

Thanks for the question.

I would not entirely agree with your Chiropractor.

Cow milk is XXXXXXX in proteins, calcium, vitamins, fat, etc. These supplements are needed for good health. Calcium is essential for the growth and development of bones. Cow’s milk contains the high-quality protein in XXXXXXX quantity; they are building blocks for body. There are vitamins needed for proper body function and blood cell production. Cow milk also contains iodine and carbohydrates.

Only disadvantages in my view are allergy to cow milk and fat in the cow milk. This fat can cause or may contribute to blockage of arteries. But cow milk has significantly less amount of fat as compared to buffalo milk, so it is always preferred over buffalo milk when one thinks about fat content and health issues. But this can be easily solved by taking low fat cow milk, which is easily available. In addition you can boil the milk and remove the cream; this will further reduce the fat content.

So looking at both advantages and disadvantages I think low fat cow milk is a healthy choice.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.