Had a cataract surgery, having dizziness, nausea and headache with unstable blood pressure. MRI normal. Suggest?

hello my mom had a cataract surgery for her second eye like more than 4 weeks ago, for her first eye surgery every thing was normal, but for this one she has a severe dizziness and nausea and headache with unstable blood pressure. The result of the eye surgery was perfect and her vision is good, she also did MRI but every thing was normal, I'm wondering what specialist she should be referred to and is it something that we should expect after cataract surgery?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your mother's problem is not associated with cataract surgery but may have been precipitated by the stress of surgery.
These symptoms may be associated with either cervical spondylitis or vertigo which is a cochlear phenomenon.
You have to consult a neurologist who will take care of all the problems.
Since you already had a MRI and that is normal then it is a small matter and will be taken care of with proper medication.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.