Had a cataract surgery, having dizziness, nausea and headache with unstable blood pressure. MRI normal. Related?

hello my mom had a cataract surgery for her second eye like more than 4 weeks ago, for her first eye surgery every thing was normal, but for this one shew has a severe dizziness and nausea and headache with unstable blood pressure. The result of the eye surgery was perfect and her vision is good, she did MRI but every thing was normal, I'm wondering what specialist she should be refereed to for this problem and is it something that we should expect after cataract surgery?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 2 hours later

Yes, this can be expected after an eye surgery.

These are the signs that are showing the pressure inside the skull and around brain is high. These signs can occur after surgery or may be showing another disease entity . This needs immediate attention . I recommend you that she should be examined by an eye specialist for its proper management .

1. Is there any history of fits and blurring of vision ?
2. Is there any history of numbnes or weakness of any part of body?

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.