Ask a Homeopath   »  

Had a boil, opened by antibiotics, puss coming out often. Treatment to heal inconvenience?

General Surgeon
I had a boil in my anal one month back. It got opened up with some anti-biotics. But I observe some fuss coming out of it often. It does not cause any pain but it is very inconvinient while sitting and walking. Looking for some treatment which will completely cure it.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Unani
Answered by Dr. Arun Prasad 28 hours later

The description fits a condition called fistula in ano. I cannot be sure unless I examine you.
Early fistulas can be treated by glue ( but long term results are not good ).
Endoscopic surgery - VAAFT is new technique but we do not know long term results.
Standard laying open of fistula is time tested with best results when done by an expert surgeon.
Antibiotics is temporary option and not the perfect treatment.

Hope this helps in taking a better decision.