Had a blood work and Holter Monitor for irregular heart beat. Instances of asystolic pauses during night. Should I be worried?

Without family doctor. Recent bloodwork: platelet count 182xe9/L; Absolute Mono hemo 1.0xe9/L; Cholesterol 4.37 mmol/L; HDL Cholesterol 0.95 mmol/L; Cholesterol/HDL Ratio 4.6 mmol/L; LDL Cholesterol (calculated) 2.98 mmol/L; Non HDL Cholesterol 3.42 mmol/L; Tryglicerides 0.97.
Also had a 72 hour Holter Monitor for irregular heart beat/'pounding' (palpitations?) . There were instances of asystolic pauses during night/sleep hours with a very low heart beat. I usually feel the 'pounding' after meals, and at times a fluttery/tickling feel. Should I be concerned? Dr attributes to being active, but I only jog 1-3x per week.
thank you!
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Life style modifications.Follow up with doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through the query and understood your concern.

The concern is more about the irregular heart beats and palpitation.
After having food due to increased need of blood supply for digestion there will be more need of blood and due to increased glucose content in blood (due to absorption) the fluid requirement to maintain normal osmolarity you may feel pounding (Palpitation). So I advice you to take reduced quantity of food at different time intervals (More frequent intervals) maintaining the normal daily calorie intake.

The blood report is acceptable and just follow the healthy habits like plenty of fluid intake, right calorie of food XXXXXXX in green leafy vegetables and fruits, regular out door exercise like jogging, swimming, cycling or aerobics (30 min per day for 5 days a week). Reduce stress as this may be the cause of the above symptom.

Get done 2D echo just to rule out any cardiac problem. You can aim for LDL level of 2.6mmol/L with the above measures. The lower the LDL is better.
Other wise no need to be concerned and have regular followup with your doctor.

I hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.