Ask a Urologist   »  

Had a bladder sling mesh surgery. Pain in vaginal area, pelvic area and abdomen. Prescribed for ibuprofen. Suggest?

In 2010 had a bladder sling mesh complications until March 2013...having excruciating vaginal area, pelvic area, sharp adbominal pain, sitting, standing, laying painful. Pain is sporadic, daily, and getting sharper.

Called and met with urogynecolgists, vaginal area tender. She stated I should not have the mesh removed and to take ibuprofen. I cannot take ibuprofen the rest of my left n the pain is still there even after taking this med.
Thanks for u time
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to the forum.
It is unforunate to know this.
If pain killers do not work, then pelvic inflammatory disease needs to be ruled out by pelvic examination and ultrasound scan.
A course of antibiotics should help in addition to the pain killers.
If there is still pain, I cannot think of anything else other than removing the sling.
Wish wyou pain free life.
Best regards