Had a bad cold. Having dry cough that cause watery phlegm. Can it be reflux?

i had a bad cold 4 weeks ago I now have a dry cough that cause me to bring up watery phlegm can it be reflux or is it still from the cold
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Excessive cough may cause reflux of the stomach contents which may be responsible for that. There will be a raise of intra abdominal pressure because of cough.

Auscultation of lungs by your doctor and X XXXXXXX chest may be required. He may prescribe antibiotics and cough syrups for symptomatic relief from the cough.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatric