Had a baby recently. Started birth control. Pregnancy test came positive after a negative result. Meaning?

I had a baby 4 months ago and I'm taking birth control pills. I had sex 6 weeks ago and I took a pregnancy test it was negative then hours later it became positive. What do this means?

I have fibroids and I have been spotting like I'm.about to come on my cycle
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Since you are taking birth control pills regularly, the chances of pregnancy are extremely low. A pregnancy test is valid for reading for only 30 minutes. If it becomes positive hours after doing the test then it indicates a false positive result.
Your period may be late due to stress, anxiety, post pill amenorrhea or hormonal changes.
You ca wait for 3-4 days for your periods to begin. In case there is still no bleeding then you can repeat the test using an ultrasensitive kit available in the market.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had a baby recently. Started birth control. Pregnancy test came positive after a negative result. Meaning? 14 hours later
Thank you so much for the response. last month my fibroids was very heavy and my doctor was telling me to keep taking my birth control pills and I did. Then she told me to take two pills a day to stop the bleeding so I could come on a normal cycle. I was on my cycle for a month off and on. Now I am bleeding but it is very very light.
Can fibroids make my stomach look big than usual? My doctor told me that my uterus was large and it haven't shrunk yet. Is there anything I can do to loose my belly because I still look like I'm three months pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If your fibroids are large enough then they can cause your belly to protrude.
To lose your belly, the best way is to have a healthy diet and avoid any oily or high calorie foods. Doing a regular exercise with stress on abdominal exercises will be of help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.