Had a arm radial approach heart catheterization. Got bruises. Something alarming?

I had a rt arm radial approach heart catheterization 10-7-13. My rt arm from just above the insertion site to elbow is very sore and getting worse. There is a little bruising just 1 1/2 inch from the insertion point and about 2 inches slight redness above that. I contacted my cardiologist today and was recommended alternating warm/cold packs. The pain is not better.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try symptomatic measure / see your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is probably from tissue injury / thrombophlebitis – from the procedure.
Over The Counter (OTC) Non-Steroidal NSAID) / hot packs / external application like thrombophob Gel (Heparin Sodium IP) / anxiolytics can be useful...
If there is no improvement, see your doctor / get yourself examined

Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck