Had a TSH test. What are the findings from the thyroid report?

Dear Doctor,

My T3 is 152 ng/dl, T4 is 13.6 ug/dl, TSH is 0.13 niu/ml, FT 4 is 1.69 ng/dl, Ft 3 os 3.08 pg/ml, AMA is 5 iu/ml. I am not on any medication. Please advise.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sub clinical hyperthyroid v/s thyroiditis.

Detailed Answer:

As per your reports there are two differential diagnosis.
1. Sub clinical hyperthyroidism
2. Acute thyroiditis.

Both conditions need tracer uptake studies to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment for both are different so please get nuclear uptake studies done so that we can decide what to do.

Clinical clues for differentiating will be that first one is a long standing condition whereas second one is a recent onset say 2-3 days and lasts only 6-8 weeks. So you can even wait for 8 weeks and repeat TSH / FT4 if you do not want to under go nuclear studies.

Hope this answers your question.

Follow-up: Had a TSH test. What are the findings from the thyroid report? 9 hours later
Dear Dr. Mehta,

I had done another thyroid profiling in Dec 2012. The results were Anti TG - 113 iu/ml, anti tpo 9.8 iu/ml, tsh 3.58 miu/ml, vitamin b12 200pg/ml, ad vitamin d 8.2ng/ml, t3 - 104.57 ng/dl and t4 7.54 ug/dl.

Ma'm does this change what you have said before?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
More in favour of sub clinical hyperthyroidism

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'm, nothing much will change in my advise. your old report suggests you have low vitamin B12, low vitamin D, and you are positive for antibodies. this favours hyperthyroidism though sub clinical presently as the likely diagnosis. You will still need tracer uptake studies to confirm.