Had a S lift and sore gums. When the numbness and swelling will go down?

Hello I just had a S lift and my gums are sore and I cannot get my mouth open. My surgery was on July 5th can you tell me when the numbness and swelling will go down and when I can eat? Can you please tell me when the swelling will go down and I can eat. My face is numb all over. Thanks
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
In the facial surgeries there is a lot of tissue handling in operation theature just to get the things in correct alignment and it results in swelling and a bystander stunning of the nerve supply.
Fortunately the face has got a very good vascular supply and the things heal at a twice rapid pace as compared to other parts.
You should be able to take orally in 3 to 5 days post surgery-
start with liquids like milk, soup etc.
The numbness will take about a week and a tingling sensation may persist for months.
The best person to give precise timings of recovery is your surgeon because it is he, who has got the idea of complexity and tissue handling during the surgery.
I hope that answered your query, Wishing you a great health.