Ask a Urologist   »  

Had a PVP procedure done. Noticed slight curvature of the penis during erection. Related?

I am 75 years old and noticed a slight curvature of the penis during an erection. This has been going on for about a year. I had a PVP procedure two years ago and wonder if it is related to that.
Email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 46 minutes later

There is a about a five percent chance that PVP could effect the ability to obtain normal penile erection after the surgery. Hence the curvature in penis can be due to PVP.

Other possibility is of peyronie’s disease. Peyronie’s disase is a connective tissue disorder involving the growth of fibrous plaques in the soft tissue of the penis. These plaques cause the penis to be bent. The disease starts as a small bump or constriction on the shaft of the penis below the skin and then consequently curving of the erect penis occurs.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.