Had a Novasure procedure. Sharp pain in lower abdomen. Have a little discharge. Signs of infection?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had a Novasure procedure last Monday. I've been getting sharp pain in my lower abdomen for the past two days. Feels like lightning bolts. I have very little discharge, no fever. Could this be signs of infection?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 27 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Novasure is a very simple procedure for endometrial ablation

If the same was done on last Monday and you were symptom free for the 4 postoperative days and with only little discharge and no fever,there are very minimal chances that it would be infection

Yet if you want to stamp it the next step in investigation will be a complete blood count, and an ultrasound scan to get the cause of abdominal pain

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon