Ask a Urologist   »  

Had a Micro-TESE surgery to retrieve sperm from testicles. Can I masturbate?

I had a Micro-TESE surgey to retrieve sperm from my testes on 3rd Dec 2011. I have been instructed not to have sexual intercourse for four weeks. My question is: What is about masturbation? It was not part of the post-surgery instructions given to me
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later

Any sexual activity, be it intercourse or masturbation should not be indulged into for the first 4 weeks post Microdissection Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESA).

Either of the two activities can lead to increased possibility of bleeding and hence should be avoided.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.