Had a Lumbar Puncture. Feeling tingling sensation in toes with stiffness. What can be done?

I had a Lumbar Puncture. I was flat on stomach with a pillow under my head. The procedure was quite comfortable. The person performing the procedure said he needed to "adjust" the needle. He moved it inside 3 times that I know. The first time my toes went through the tingling, "feeling" like they were moving in different directions. The next time he moved the needle my legs went symmetrically into stiff tone. The next time he moved the needle my nerves in my labia and around went crazy. He had a hard time getting fluid and said if I lift my head up it works better. I am in a wheelchair with MS like symptoms. Punture came out neg for MS (good) but I then had to go back for a blood patch. That went ok but I felt a "burst" in my left area maybe sacral area. When I sat up to put my shirt on I was dizzy and had an electrical shock putting my head down. It will have been a week tomorrow and I am miserable. I was in Roche Harbor, Wa and when my bladder was full I had a huge headache and chest pain. Face hurts.....Anyways. I had heard the term Hyperflexia in my docs conversation. Do I have Autonomic Dysflexia? Need another Blood Patch? Waiting in bed catheterizing waiting for tomorrow when I can get the right person to figure me out. Meanwhile my chest hurts, no bowel movement back hurts all over, weak upper arms, neck at base of skull downward is so uncomfortable. Bladder spasms, dizzy-vertigo. Ugh! I'm afraid to have just anyone in my spine. I have been trying so hard to get better. Swam 1/2 mile 2 weeks ago now I'm sweating upper and freezing, tingling feet up legs. Thank you! XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 32 minutes later

I have seen the details provided by you and feel concerned for the same. Aggravation of present symptoms are related to lumbar puncture. The known reasons are inadvertently leakage of fluid (CSF) from punctured site and inadvertent injury to nerve roots by the needle. Other reasons, if any, we do not know. Few people do resort to blood patch to seal the punctured site and it may help. However, real help comes from rest, analgesics, sedatives and symptomatic treatment to be given by your treating doctor on required basis after evaluation.

I hope you recover soon and I could answer your queries.

Dr Pratap