Had a D and C test. Bleeding and getting cramps in lower abdomen. Is this normal?

Mar 2016

I had a D&C on 10/22/13. I have been bleeding but not as much any more, for the past 2 days I've been getting cramps in my lower abdomen and lower back and resonating to my legs. I' m afraid it might be an infection. No fever not itching but the blood does seems like its coming out with some kind of clear discharge. Is this normal?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Following D & C, mild lower abdominal cramp or backache and bloody to clear discharge is quite common and it can last for 2 to 4 weeks until you get your next cycle. Pelvic infection is late complication of D & C and it is least possible in this case as there is no other associated symptoms. However, one ultrasound scan and complete blood count will be worthwhile to exclude the underlying cause. Leg pain may be due to muscle cramp, dehydration or electrolyte imbalance if other possibility is ruled out. Drink more water with salt, sugar & lemon and take adequate rest to get effective result. Maintain genital hygiene properly. In addition, you can take some anti-spasmodic medicine like DROTAVERINE along with RANTAC to reduce abdominal cramp. Hot bag compression is quite useful for back pain or you can apply local muscle relaxant gel. If above symptoms still persist, you have to consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for follow up examination and proper guidance of above mentioned tests. Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW