Had a C section and confirmed with pregnancy. Should I be worried about second pregnancy?

My wife became pregnant after 3 months of c section and now she is 7th months pregnant. First girl baby is 10 months 20 days old. My wife don't have any health problems. Please give information on her second delivery and also the details best hospital in Bangalore. Thanks and regard, Vijay
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: antenatal checkup up and immunization and follow Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. Your wife has become pregnant in rapid succession that is very soon after the first pregnancy so she can be having issues related to anemia and if she had Cesarean section due to anatomical problem related to mother pelvis then she may need a repeat Cesarean. Otherwise she needs a closer assessment about the size of baby and pelvis of mother. As usual she should be followed by a local gynecologist, get immunization as indicated and antenatal check up at regular intervals as per schedule. About the best hospitals in Bangalore, there are many facilities in government setup and also in private setup. Cloud nine and Motherhood are specially in mother and baby care. The narayana hrudayalaya group is a very good hospital facility to name one. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Had a C section and confirmed with pregnancy. Should I be worried about second pregnancy? 25 minutes later
Thank you Doctor! and I need to know the severity of risk during delivery to my wife and baby. My wife is worried about cesarean for second time. Please share some valuable information to get rid out of her fears.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Some risk, but can be managed accordingly Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. In some studies it is proven to be safer to go for Caesarean section as compared to normal delivery if mother is going to get delivered within 18 months after first caesarean section. So consult your gynaecologist regularly & you should be prepared for repeat caesarean section for safety of mother & baby both. Some risks like uterine rupture, bleeding etc. are more common in pregnancies after recent Cesarean. These are infrequent and can be handled safely by frequent reviews to a local gynaecologist. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.