Had Vibrator stuck in anal canal. Got it out and have pain in upper groin area and lower stomach?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I had a Vibrator stuck in my anal canal, Got it out but now I have pain in both areas of upper groin area or lower part of stomach
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 45 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

Anal canal is very sensitive region and any irritation can cause refered pain in inguinal region,prostate or lower abdomen.This is nothing unusual and it should subside in 24 hours.
If there was some more serious damage of anal wall then it may persist for more,but the most important thing is that there is no anal or rectal perforation.
It should be considered if there is blood in stool,urine or around anus, sharp pain in lower abdomen or inability to defecate. In these cases you need urgent medical care.
If there is no blood and you have normal defecation then you dont have to be concerned. Also, your pain may be increased if you have some earlier anal lesions such as hemorrhoids,fisures or polyps which are now aggravated by this vibrator incident. So, if there is no improvement in next 2-3 days, you should do proctologist work up.Till that, just try to eat easier food, take probiotics,plenty of fluids and do some "sitz" baths.
WIsh you good health. Regards