Ask a Urologist   »  

Had UTI, had taken Urobid. Noticed black colored worms in urine. Suggest?

Hi Doctor, My wife(39yrs) had urinary tract infection 20 days back. She had acute pain in the initial days at the time of infection. She had taken urobid for 10days. Today she finds black coloured worms in urine. Is this something serious? Pl. advice.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is not very serious but needs proper diagnosis

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Acute pain during worms in urine is very rare and there is possibility of worm infestation. She needs a urine culture and sensitivity test, also complete urine examination needs to repeated. The treatment plan can be done by your treating doctor based on these reports. It is not very serious but needs appropriate evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.