Had UTI. Ultrasound showed fatty liver, gallbladder polyps, kidney and ovarian cyst. What should I do?

Jul 2016

An ultrasound done after I've had several UTI's. Findings are fatty liver, multiple polyps on gallbladder and cyst on kidney. Also ovary cyst. It seems like so much going wrong! I am frightened and don't know where to turn medically! Should I have gallbladder removed, treat liver or what? Thank you for your insight!!
What type Dr. should I consult with? I didn't give the history of the UTI situation but I've had 3-4, taken courses of antibiotics. Pain, burning, urgency, strep in cultures, and flet as if there was pressure in my abdomen. And back pain.I also am very fatigued and pale.
Thank you! XXXXXX
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had UTI recently and got your Ultrasound Scanning which revealed findings that you have posted.

The fatty liver does not have significance and needs no treatment.

Cyst in the kidney and ovary should be taken as an accidental finding and is usually from birth and does not need active intervention.

The cyst in the ovary are very common to occur due to hormonal variations

The only finding that you should be concerned is Polyp in the gall bladder and needs to undergo Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

For repeated episodes of UTI consult qualified Urologist for evaluation, he may do endoscopic examination of Bladder (Cystoscopy).

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Had UTI. Ultrasound showed fatty liver, gallbladder polyps, kidney and ovarian cyst. What should I do? 1 hour later
Is the gallbladder surgery very painful and is there a hospital admission? What type dr. does this surgery? Could the polyps be cancerous? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.

The Gall Bladder surgery is very simple and minimally invasive surgery done nowadays and done Laparoscopically. You have to be hospitalized for 3 days.

This surgery is done by General surgeon who is trained in Laparoscopic Surgery.

Polyp is always benign in nature but may undergo malignant changes if left untreated for a long time.

Thanks and Regards.