Had Semen analysis done. What does report indicate?

Semen analysis report shows volume 2.5 ml count 40 mi/ml motility 50% viscosity +2 debris +2 pus cell +2 morphology normal is this report normal
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Thank you for opting me to answer your query.

Would like to know few details. Why was the semen analysis done? Who ordered it?

The report appears within normal limit. The debris and pus cells could be improper handling of the sample. The count and the motility are perfect as a normal male semen has.

Inviting any more queries if you have.

Follow-up: Had Semen analysis done. What does report indicate? 1 hour later
Dr has ordered it for infertility promblem I m facing .done in their lab what does this is pus cell +2 means does this indicate infection.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 54 minutes later
I would not directly scare you with infection. If there are 2+ pus cells the body will fight it.

I would think of more common problem like a mishandled specimen which is noticed at unrecognized and non networked labs. They have to carry the specimen to some other place etc for testing.

It is the call for action for the treating doctor. Let him decide on it.

Follow-up: Had Semen analysis done. What does report indicate? 22 minutes later
And what about viscosity +2 and aggulation +1
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 20 minutes later
Both are fine.

Semen analysis is not a complete test for fertility. I can really understand the agony displayed. However you should also understand that there are other factors that determine the male fertility. Stress plays a major role too.

Your doctor can explain you the next step.