Had SVT ablation. Feeling pressure in head. On Nadolol, Valproic acid and ibupropen. How to get rid of migraine?

Son (18 years) had SVT ablation on WEDNESDAY - has had feelings of pressure in his head with migraines - what can we do to help the migraines. Is on Nadolol, Valproic acid (seems to be doing nothing to help), Ibupropen....
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr. XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Based on the information It seem that your son has headaches and its not going away even after he had nadolol, valproic acid and ibupropen.

The nadolol is a drug which lowers the blood pressures and sudden changes in blood pressure does give rise to the headache.

Here are few question and I need an answers off to rule out other cause and find out what is going on and what could be done to help him.

1) Any fever?
2) Kind of headache (throbbing pain, sharp, bend like/ pressure)?
3) Any changes in vision?
4) Location of headache?
5) Is headache continuous / intermittent ?
6) stiff neck/ can't move/ bent neck ?
7) Any nausea/vomiting?
8) Any association with medication?
9) any thing makes it worst?
10) any thing makes it better?
11) any relation to sounds/lights ?

Please answer above question to give me a clue.