Had STEMI and treated with blood thinners. Taking clopidrogel, aspirin and metroprolol. Had LFT. Suggest?

Hi Doctor

I had a STEMI 6 months back and was treated woth blood thinners nitrates etc . I am taking clopidrogel 75 mg aspirin 75 mg. atrovostatin 10 mg and metroprolol 25 mg daily. I am also doing brisk walking for almost 45 mins daily. My recent lipid profile says ldl 69 hdl 32 total chilestorl 122 and tgcl 106. Please advice whether i should do anything else. I am 37 yrs. have strong family history of early MI. My fathers brother had MI when he was 37 and then passed away due to another one when he was 41.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Everything appropriate

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are in good hands –
The treatment is appropriate
Lipid profile is normal

You need regular follow up, with your doctor...     
Aggressive investigation and management of treatable risk factors is all that is necessary... (Avoid smoking, even passive!]
Was not an angiogram done?

Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Had STEMI and treated with blood thinners. Taking clopidrogel, aspirin and metroprolol. Had LFT. Suggest? 46 hours later
Dear Doctor

Thanks for the reply. An angiogram was done few hours after the inicident. And then they started the treatment. After 2 days another angiogram was done and everything was back to normal. What doctor told me was there was a soft plaque in right corornary artery. It got ruptured. Then platelets accumulated there. The clot over there busted and the clot went and blocked a small artery down below causing the stemi.

What kind of further investigation is required to prevent these in the future. Please advice

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No further test now

Detailed Answer:

All well...
Nothing need be done now -
Repeat the Stress ECG - preferably with isotope (thallium) - after one year.
Keep the risk factors controlled
Take the medicines regularly
Regular exercise and avoiding stress are important

God bless you