Had PCR, DNA, HIV and antibody test after exposure and had oraquick test. Chances of being affected?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I had a pcr dna hiv test and antibody test done 39 weeks post exposure,I also took at home oraquick test,50 55 and 90 days.Do you believe i can still be affected?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had mentioned all the test you had undergone, but not the outcome of the test reports.
I understood that all test came negative for HIV infection.
If it is so, there is no chance for you to have the HIV infection.

Negative DNA PCR after 4 weeks itself is very much conclusive. But you had the test after 39 weeks and Oraquick after 90 days are very much enough to say that you are free from HIV infection.
Nothing to worry. Relax yourself.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had PCR, DNA, HIV and antibody test after exposure and had oraquick test. Chances of being affected? 4 minutes later
thank you Dr. sorry the pcr was done 39 days,i mistyped.So i shuold have no concern for hiv?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 14 minutes later
Nothing to worry. DNA PCR is highly sensitive,started appearing after a week of risky sexual act and becomes more conclusive and reliable after 3-4 weeks. You had the test after 39 days.
I assure that you are free from HIV.
You cak rlax totally.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had PCR, DNA, HIV and antibody test after exposure and had oraquick test. Chances of being affected? 2 minutes later
Thankyou Dr.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
You are welcome.
If you don't have further question, would you mind in closing this conversation?
Dr S.Murugan