Had PCOS and undergone laparoscopic ovarian drilling. What could be the reason for delayed periods?

Done laproscopic ovarian drilling on 29th july 2013.
I got my period on 21 august 2013 and 21 sep 2013.
This month i dint got period yet. Did pregnancy test yesterday, its negative.And got severe headache few times.
I want to know what to know what can be the reason of delayed periods..
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PCOS can recur

Detailed Answer:

As you must already know, PCOS is a metabolic and hormonal condition that remains lifelong. It can be treated with medication and sometimes surgery. But it may recur after a while. Its not something that can be permanently cured. You will have to be on long term medicines to keep it controlled.

After the drilling, your hormonal levels were normal for a while, and then went back to being abnormal. If you are not trying to get pregnant now, then you will need medication to regularise your periods.

If you haven't had a recent ultrasound in last 3 months, then repeat it. As well as blood tests for hormone profile. See your doctor for the tests.

Hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Had PCOS and undergone laparoscopic ovarian drilling. What could be the reason for delayed periods? 22 minutes later
So it can be hormonal imbalance and PCOS issue.

But it is not even 3months after ovarian drilling.

i m trying for pregnancy n my doctor asked to try 3 months naturally.

if PCOS will recur within such a short span than what is the use of Ovarian drilling. we would have directly went for iui (as my hubby have sperm count of 13millions/ml)

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Assisted reproduction may be better

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the followup.

PCOS can recur anytime from 2-3 months after drilling to even a year later. Its different for different people.

Immediately after drilling is the best time for conception as chances of pregnancy are highest at that time.

In my opinion, I would have prescribed ovulation induction drugs after the drilling. That would help in ovulation. Without ovulation, there wont be a pregnancy.

Now that you mentioned, that your husband's sperm count is less than 20mil I would say iui is a better course of action. Ask your husband to take FertisureM one tab daily for 3mths then repeat the sperm analysis. Avoid smoking and drinking. Avoid tight underwear and heated places.

You should consult your doctor if your period is delayed by more than 2 weeks.

Hope this helps. You are welcome to ask me any further followup questions.

Wishing you good luck.

Follow-up: Had PCOS and undergone laparoscopic ovarian drilling. What could be the reason for delayed periods? 11 minutes later
My husband was taking tabFEQ10 and miraqle tablet for 3 months. This month he dint take it as 3 months was over.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Similar drugs

Detailed Answer:

These are similar to what I advised, Repeat the sperm analysis again if one hasn't been done after taking the tablets.